I’ve seen a lot of people ask “why isn’t the Rangers game on”, or “Why am I postponed” when it says it’s on Fox Sports Southwest.
The answer is you’re not looking at the schedule right!
Less sarcastically, there’s a difference between Fox Sports Southwest and Fox Sports Southest PLUS. Basically, PLUS is a spare channel that things get shown on when there’s too many things to show at once. Like for example a regular season Rangers game and a playoff Stars game. The playoff Stars game will take precedence, and the Rangers game will get bumped to the Plus channel.
Anyway, here’s some info I’ve gleaned from around the web on how to see Fox Sports Southwest PLUS on various carriers. Mostly D/FW, but some others..
- Time Warner – Channel 319 (SD ONLY)
- Charter (Fort Worth & Park Cities) – Channels 300 (SD), 776 (HD)
- Charter (Rockwall) – Channels 38/314 (SD), 860 (HD)
- Charter (Denton) – Channel 314 (SD)
- DirecTV – Channel 676-1 (SD & HD)
- Dish – Channels 446 (SD), 9516 (HD)
- U-verse – Channels 754 (SD), 1754 (HD)
- FiOS – Channels 77 (SD), 577 (HD)
- SlingTV – Only on multi-stream package, as “Fox Sports Southwest Alternate 1”
Apparently, Time Warner Cable does NOT carry an HD feed of FSSW+. That’s pretty insane, IMO in 2016. If someone finds out otherwise, please let me know.
There’s an extremely detailed list of channels on this location:
This was originally taken from the Dallas Stars website.