Here’s a collection of minor moves in November 2013:
- P Ross Wolf signed, assigned to AAA (Nov 4)
- C Geovany Soto elected free agency (Nov 4)
- P Travis Blackley elected free agency (Nov 4)
- P Matt Harrison activated from 60 day DL (Nov 4)
- P Edwar Cabrera roster status changed (Nov 4 – what the heck does that MEAN)
- P Colby Lewis elected free agency (Nov 5)
- C Geovany Soto signed to a 1 year contract (Nov 5)
- SS Franklin Rollin signed to a minor league contract (Nov 9)
- OF Angelo Santana signed to a minor league contract (Nov 11)
- P Zach Russell signed to a minor league contract (Nov 11)
- OF Brad Snyder signed to a minor league contract w/invite to spring (Nov 14)
- OF Kalian Sams signed to a minor league contract (Nov 15)
- OF Jake Smolinski signed to a minor league contract (Nov 18)
NOTES: This is another batch of guys whose names I am probably never writing again on here. However, Geovany Soto was signed back after a procedural move through free agency. When he was signed, it was said he would be “the man”, the #1 catcher. I have never had a problem with his catching. His hitting however, is more of a problem. I agree we probably need him, but I’d feel better with someone stronger as the #1 catcher, though – just from an offensive standpoint.
Colby Lewis was technically granted free agency, but both sides have said they wanted to work something out, so he’ll be back.