You know, the strange case of Adam Rosales made its way through Arlington this past week. It occurred to me that this guy has had what can be described at best as “disorienting”, and at worst “a fiasco”. Check out this list of roster moves made involving him recently:
- July 8th: Designated for assignment by the Oakland A’s.
- July 12th: Cleared waivers and assigned to AAA Sacramento by the A’s.
- July 31st: Designated for assignment again by the A’s (to make room for Albert Callaspo).
- August 2nd: Claimed on waivers by the Texas Rangers
- August 5th: Designated for assignment by the Texas Rangers (to make room for Joey Butler)
- August 8th: Claimed on waivers by the Oakland A’s (Why? They just DFA’ed him twice in a month)
- August 10th: Designated for assignment AGAIN by the Oakland A’s (to make room for Sonny Gray).
Why the heck did the A’s grab him back on August 8th? That doesn’t seem to make much sense, to be honest.
In his time as a Texas Ranger, he never got an at bat, but was in uniform for three days, and took up space on the 25 man roster, so I count him. He wore Uniform #9.