I’m not saying much about this game. The reason is there’s a big Giants fan where I work, and the less said about this fiasco the better. Still, a few comments:
- This game featured no position player substitutions. I believe that was the first game like that all spring. The same guys who started the game in the field (save for the pitcher) ended it.
- We had just six hits, two of ’em by Josh Hamilton, and one of THOSE was a three run home run off Barry Zito, accounting for all our runs.
- Matt Harrison was not good, I actually got a chance to listen to the start of this game at work yesterday. Was ugly.
- Barry Zito didn’t sound too bad. Of course, it’s the Rangers, so he could go 1-16 all season, the 1 would be against us, naturally. Just like the Oakland days.
- Of the nine guys who batted this game, the lowest spring batting average at the end of the game was .258 (Blalock). The highest was Josh Hamilton (.384)